Depression Counselling Service in Surrey by Kevin Rymill
If you believe you are suffering from depression then I am pleased you have found this website. I offer a supportive, caring, integrative psychotherapy service and depression counselling in Ottershaw, Surrey.
I can help you manage your depression and get to the root causes of your depressive feelings.
Depression can be caused by a number of factors:
- It can lead on from loss and bereavement.
- Having a long-term or serious illness such as cancer or arthritis.
- Stressful life events, such as losing a job or a relationship.
- Living with chronic pain.
- Early life experiences and/or having a parent with depression.
- Difficulties conceiving or being a new parent.
- Prenatal or postnatal depression.
- Using too much alcohol which can be your way of coping with depression but can also cause you to feel depressed.
- Biochemical imbalances that lead to a lack of serotonin, noradrenaline and other neurotransmitters.
Your GP and other professionals may suggest you have clinical depression when you find it difficult to pull yourself out of negative feelings that are so bad that they interfere with everyday life.
Some of the Symptoms of Depression:
- Continuous low mood, which may be worse in the mornings.
- Trouble sleeping or waking earlier than usual.
- Feeling irritable.
- Crying or feeling on the edge of tears constantly.
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities that you would normally enjoy.
- Poor appetite or eating too much.
- Reduced self-confidence.
- Lack of energy.
- Changes in sex drive.
- Poor concentration.
- Difficulty in making decisions.
- Feeling helpless or hopeless.
- Feeling guilty.
- Thoughts about suicide.
- Unexplained aches and pains.
If you suffer from four or more of these symptoms for more than two weeks you may benefit from depression counselling.
Can counselling help?
Yes it can. By exploring your feelings and your life experiences with a counsellor who is sensitive and professionally trained you can feel better. It can help you to make sense of the problems you are experiencing. It can also help you understand the meaning of your feelings and eventually to start to enjoy living your life again.
My aim is to provide you with the space, time and encouragement to explore whatever issues are troubling you. I offer an integrative therapeutic approach that is non-judgmental, caring and supportive where you will be valued and understood.
When you are ready and at a pace comfortable for you, we can explore how to change some of those negative feelings you have so that you have more control over your mood.
Anti depressant medication
NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) guidelines suggest that mild to moderate depression should be treated with a combination of both medication and psychotherapy. Their advice on depression in adults can be found by clicking here.
Many people with depression are prescribed anti-depressants as a first course of treatment. Unfortunately it is not often suggested they receive talking therapy at the same time. This is where I can be of help.
Medication may be useful or necessary in the short term, although it can have distressing side-effects. Sudden discontinuation of medication may cause rebound depression if not managed carefully. You should always seek your doctor’s advice regarding medication.
When you feel depressed it can be very hard to care for yourself and find the energy to take action to help yourself.
Should you be experiencing symptoms of depression and feel you need some help, whether taking medication or not, or you wish to withdraw from anti-depressant medication in a supportive and safe environment then please review this web site to see who I am and what I do. Alternatively you can contact me on 01932 702662 or send me an email in confidence to Kevin@kevinrymill.co.uk.
Ottershaw is a small town near to Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Woking, Addlestone, Chertsey West Byfleet, Staines and close to the M25 and A3.
Remember that the initial consultation is free to allow you time to decide if counselling is right for you.
Book online to make an appointment for the treatment of your choice, or for an initial consultation.
Click the link below to book online, or alternatively you can contact me directly.
Located in Ottershaw, Surrey, my practice is situated near to the M25, Woking and Weybridge, and is easily accesible to those in the surrounding areas.